Contact: +65 6248 9111 [press option 1]
Location: Blk C, Level 1, C.1.03-04
8:30am to 7:30pm (Mon-Fri), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Sat)
The Student Support Department (SS) acts as the first point of contact for Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) students: managing the SS hotline, counter and written correspondences; fostering bonding and relations with students through events such as orientation activities for new students; organising seminars, workshops, SUSS's convocation/graduation ceremonies and other student-related activities.
We offer innovative tools and resources to provide you with an exceptional digital learning experience at SUSS. Our suite of services include:
Canvas Learning Management System
- This is the learning management system (LMS) which you will use throughout your learning journey with us.
- Log in to access all your course-related materials and announcements, participate in online discussions and quizzes, submit written assignments, download marked assignments and retrieve your assessments scores.
- You can also attend live virtual classes and replay your lecture recordings on the LMS.
- Learn more at http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/lms.html.
- This is your personal bookstore, where you can access via Canvas, to view and download the digital resources such as eTextbooks and iStudyGuides associated with the courses you are enrolled in each semester.
- You can also order and pay for a print copy of these resources to be delivered to your doorstep.
- This is an e-Reader app developed for SUSS students to read iStudyGuides (iSGs) and other ePub books with convenience and ease.
- Gain access to all iSG content on-the-go, including bite-sized study units, videos, chunked lesson recordings, audio clips and formative assessments.
- In addition, enjoy access to hundreds of free eBooks from selected feeds integrated in-app.
- Download the SUSS Reader from the Apple App Store and Google Play or visit http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/sussreader.html.
- This mobile app offers essential learning services at your fingertips, including quick access to your class timetable, iStudyGuides, eTextbook, recorded lectures, narrated presentation materials and past year exam papers
- Integrated with the Canvas LMS, you can also check for course announcements and assignment due dates.
- Use this app to track your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) scores, record your in-class attendance, contact support staff for technical enquiries, receive important notifications from SUSS instantaneously on your mobile and much more.
- Learn more at http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/backpack.html
To learn more about our full suite of services, visit http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/
Start your learning journey at your online University Library. Make SUSS Library your first stop for licensed and open access electronic resources for your assignments and academic research.
You may view our library orientation videos in Panopto:
9 Ways to Get the Most out of Your University Library (English version)
9 Ways to Get the Most out of Your University Library (Mandarin version)
How to login to Panopto
SUSS Library Resources
Access a growing number of scholarly resources:
- Search for articles, ebooks and more
- Find ejournals at Journals A-Z
- Browse databases and journal collections at Databases A-Z
SUSS Library Login
Sign in to your account to authenticate your access to licensed resources and to save your searches:
Username: SUSS username (e.g. johntan001)
Password: SUSS password
Connect with the Library to get your work done:
- Consult our research guides for key resources in your field of study.
- Ask The Library! Browse questions that have already been answered in the FAQs or email us your questions.
- Make an appointment with our librarians to get personalised guidance on using library resources.
SUSS It Out!
Subscribe to SUSS It Out! and stay updated on library news.
SIM (Tay Eng Soon) Library
SUSS Library partners with SIM (Tay Eng Soon) Library at Block A, Level 2 to provide our full-time and part-time degree or diploma programme students with access to physical library materials, book and equipment loans, study spaces, and other on-site services and facilities.
Mondays to Fridays: 8.30am to 9.00pm
Saturdays: 9.00am to 5.30pm
SIM Library Resources
Use SIM Library's OneSearch on the homepage to find print books, print journals, and DVDs for your projects and assignments.
SIM Library Login
Username: Student PI Number
Password: Date of Birth (DDMMYYYY)
SIM Library offers learning spaces to meet your varied learning needs. Find out more here.
SIM Library Mobile App
- View loans, requests and reservations
- Check availability of library books and facilities
- Receive alerts on library news and events
- Email or make calls to SIM Library helpdesk
Track Availability of Library Devices for Loan
You can track the real-time availability of devices (notebook, iPad, camcorder, pocket projector) for loan at the SIM Library website.
SMS Notification Service
SMS messages include friendly loan reminders and alerts for reserved print books:
- Friendly Loan Reminder
SMS notification will be sent out at 6am, three days before the due date.
- Alert - Availability of Reserved Items
SMS notification will be sent out immediately when the item requested is available.
Xpress Collect (Student Hub, Block B, Level 1)
Reserve your notebooks here. You can collect your reserved items by scanning your student card.
Services available at Xpress Collect:
- Pick up reserved books during or after library opening hours.
- Pick up notebooks if you have made advanced booking via the library booking system.
Contact SIM Library
Phone: +65 6248 9601
A number of new learning experiences await you in your new endeavour as an undergraduate. The Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) hopes to make your academic journey a fruitful one by providing useful learning support resources.
For the July 2020 semester, we will be conducting a series of workshops to help you embark on your learning journey at SUSS so that you may achieve academic success. Do look out for the workshop details and sign-up information in the guide below which will also be sent to your SUSS student email account.
You may view a video for an overview of the Academic Support provided by the Teaching and Learning Centre here.
Click here to view the steps on how to login to Panopto to view the above video.
|For New Students||Writing Workshops||Writing Coaches|
This writing support service provides SUSS students with the opportunity to receive personalised feedback on academic writing through one-to-one coaching sessions (at no cost).
For more information and to sign up for a session, do access the link below.
Started its operations on 1 June 2009 and offers a safe environment for students of SUSS to seek help and guidance from professional counselling psychologists, counsellors and coaches.
Please click here for more information.