Learning & Support Services
The Student Services Department (SS) acts as the first point of contact to provide a positive student experience for SUSS students. Besides managing the SS hotline, counter and written correspondences, SS also organise key university events, including SUSS Convocation and Scholarship award ceremony.
We offer innovative tools and resources to provide you with an exceptional digital learning experience at SUSS. Our suite of services include:
Canvas Learning Management System
- This is the learning management system (LMS) which you will use throughout your learning journey with us.
- Log in to access all your course-related materials (e.g. StudyGuide, eTextbook, your lecturer's powerpoint slides etc) and announcements, participate in online discussions and quizzes, submit written assignments, download marked assignments and retrieve your assessments scores.
- You can also attend live virtual classes and replay your lecture recordings on the LMS.
- Learn more at http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/lms.html.
- This is your personal bookstore, which you access via Canvas, to view and download the digital resources such as eTextbooks and StudyGuides associated with the courses you are enrolled in each semester.
- An eTextbook is the electronic version of a physical textbook, which should be downloaded at the start of the semester and accessed for offline reading via BookShelf or Adobe Digital Editions on different devices and across various operating systems. Please note that if an eTextbook has been issued for the course, no additional physical textbook will be issued.
- The interactive StudyGuide (iSG) is an e-book, written by the Faculty and Associate Faculty, for courses in SUSS. The StudyGuide
is designed to engage students' learning through quizzes, activities, self-reflection and self-assessment.
- This mobile app offers essential learning services at your fingertips, including quick access to your class timetable, StudyGuides, eTextbook, recorded lectures, narrated presentation materials and past year exam papers.
- Integrated with the Canvas LMS, you can also check for course announcements and assignment due dates.
- Use this app to track your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) scores, record your in-class attendance, contact support staff for technical enquiries, receive important notifications from SUSS instantaneously on your mobile and much more.
- Communicate with your classmates using the Chat function, a messaging service similar to WhatsApp/Line.
- Learn more at http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/backpack.html.
Panopto Video Learning Portal
- This is a video hosting platform where you can find a consolidation of self-learning videos related to your courses (classroom recordings) as well as workshops conducted at SUSS.
- On the platform you can bookmark and take notes that tags to specific time segments within the video.
- Login to https://videolearning.suss.edu.sg with your SUSS account to discover the variety of content available and watch videos that are not publicly available.
- This is the video-conferencing platform for all your online classes at SUSS.
- Engage with your instructor and experience interactive lessons through screen sharing, break-out rooms, polls and chats.
- You can locate this tool at the left menu of your Canvas course, under the tab 'Virtual Class/Online Seminar'.
- Online lessons are recorded and available for your reference on the next working day.
- Access your Zoom Guide here.
To learn more about these essential resources for your SUSS journey, go to http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/ or visit our learning Services booth in the Atrium on Orientation Day
Make SUSS Library your first stop for academic resources and research help.
Get started with SUSS Library
Search our collection, or directly look up resources:
If you don't know where to start, fret not! We have created a guide to using the library.
SUSS Library Login
Sign in to your account to authenticate your access to licensed resources and to save your searches:
Username: SUSS username (e.g. johntan001)
Password: SUSS password
SUSS Library is located at Block C.2.02.
Weekdays: 9.00am - 9.00pm
Saturdays: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Weekdays: 9.00am - 5.00pm
The Library is closed on Sundays, Public Holidays and University Shutdown Days.
Borrowing SUSS Physical Library Materials
You can reserve SUSS physical materials via the Library's website and pickup your requested books 24/7 from our Smart Locker at Block C, Level 2 (C2.02)
Document Delivery Service
If you are unable to locate journal articles or book chapters in SUSS Library, you can request them via our Document Delivery Service. You may request for:
- 10% or less of the total number of pages of a book; or
- one chapter of a book; or
- an article from an issue of a journal
SUSS It Out!
Subscribe to SUSS It Out! and stay updated on library news.
We're here to help
Ask the Library if you require help with research or accessing resources:
The Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) seeks to empower your academic journey at SUSS with our array of learning support resources. All resources are free, and include workshops (online, face-to-face, or hybrid), courses, coaching services, and e-Resources.
Full details can be found on our Website.
Free Workshops for New Students
TLC strives to keep our provisions updated to stay relevant in the ever-changing learning landscape. From manoeuvring Group-based Assignments, to academic integrity and avoiding plagiarism, as well as using Generative AI to your advantage, WE GOT YOU COVERED!
Check out the newly launched workshops for this semseter:
- SDW112: Generative AI in Tertiary Education Learning: Effective Prompt Writing
- SDW172: How To Make Tertiary Group-Based Assignments Work For You
- SDW177: Academic Citation: What, How, Why
Click on the images to access the respective resources.
For tips and techniques on effective note taking
To find out more about the various citation styles such as APA, MLA, Chicago Manual/Turabian, what constitutes plagiarism and collusion, and how to avoid committing them
For TLC developed e-resources such as learning log and planner templates, online learning infographics, and citation guide video (APA style)
Core Learning offers various programmes to help enhance your English language skills. These include the English Proficiency Programme, Writing Coaches and Writing Workshops.
- English Proficiency (EP) Programme
The EP Programme consists of 5 self-paced courses comprising a diagnostic course and 4 language enhancement courses (ELCs) that target different aspects of the language. Click here to learn more.
- Writing Coaches
This coaching service is designed for students who need individualised help to improve their English writing skills, e.g., writing techniques, use of citations, etc. Coaching sessions must be booked in advance and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Click here to find out more and/or register!
- Writing Workshops
offer students the opportunity to refine and practice their writing skills for various purposes and contexts in small group settings.
Click here to find out more and/or register!
If you have any queries on the above programmes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here for you,
In your learning journey, & life transitions,
In your search for who you are, & who you can become.
C-three offers free counselling, life coaching, and workshops to part/full-time students to promote wellness and resilience, facilitate personal development and discovery, and support students through various life transitions, such as:
- Adapting to university life (managing family-work life balance, assignments and deadlines)
- Managing motivation & emotions (mood, anxiety, procrastination, perfectionism, low motivation, fatigue, physical health)
- Relationship challenges (social challenges, romantic, family or marital relationships)
- Coping with crisis (bereavement and loss, separation, traumatic experiences)
- Seeking purpose and direction (personal growth, career decisions, self-discovery)
C-three is located on campus @ A3.05.B and C8.06.J.
Sign up for the C-three mailing list to get notifications on curated programs to kickstart your first semester!
- “Finding My Balance for a Fulfilling Life” workshop
- “Dreamworks” workshop
- “Transition Well” personal consultation
Here at SUSS, we strive to promote an inclusive and accessible learning environment for all students. We understand that students with special needs require additional support in their learning journey. The following support are available:
- Academic Assistance/Accommodation
- Inclusive Campus Facilities
- SEN Support Fund
- Peer Note-taking Services for non-academic programmes (For the Deaf and hard-of-hearing students)