The Student Services Department (SS) acts as the first point of contact to provide a positive student experience for SUSS students. Besides managing the SS hotline, counter and written correspondences, SS also organise key university events, including SUSS Convocation and Scholarship award ceremony.
We offer innovative tools and resources to provide you with an exceptional digital learning experience at SUSS. Our suite of services include:
Canvas Learning Management System
- This is the learning management system (LMS) which you will use throughout your learning journey with us.
- Log in to access all your course-related materials (e.g. StudyGuide, eTextbook, your lecturer's powerpoint slides etc) and announcements, participate in online discussions and quizzes, submit written assignments, download marked assignments and retrieve your assessments scores.
- You can also attend live virtual classes and replay your lecture recordings on the LMS.
- Learn more at http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/lms.html.
- This is your personal bookstore, which you access via Canvas, to view and download the digital resources such as eTextbooks and StudyGuides associated with the courses you are enrolled in each semester.
- An eTextbook is the electronic version of a physical textbook, which should be downloaded before the end of semester and accessed for offline reading via BookShelf or Adobe Digital Editions on different devices and across various operating systems. Please note that if an eTextbook has been issued for the course, no additional physical textbook will be issued.
- The interactive StudyGuide (iSG) is an e-book, written by the Faculty and Associate Faculty, for courses in SUSS. The StudyGuide is designed to
engage students' learning through quizzes, activities, self-reflection and self-assessment.
- This mobile app offers essential learning services at your fingertips, including quick access to your class timetable, StudyGuides, eTextbook, recorded lectures, narrated presentation materials and past year exam papers.
- Integrated with the Canvas LMS, you can also check for course announcements and assignment due dates.
- Use this app to track your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) scores, record your in-class attendance, contact support staff for technical enquiries, receive important notifications from SUSS instantaneously on your mobile and much more.
- Communicate with your classmates using the Chat function, a messaging service similar to WhatsApp/Line.
- Learn more at http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/backpack.html.
Panopto Video Learning Portal
- This is a video hosting platform where you can find a consolidation of self-learning videos related to your courses (classroom recordings) as well as workshops conducted at SUSS.
- On the platform you can bookmark and take notes that tags to specific time segments within the video.
- Login to https://videolearning.suss.edu.sg with your SUSS account to discover the variety of content available and watch videos that are not publicly available.
- This is the video-conferencing platform for all your online classes at SUSS.
- Engage with your instructor and experience interactive lessons through screen sharing, break-out rooms, polls and chats.
- You can locate this tool at the left menu of your Canvas course, under the tab 'Virtual Class/Online Seminar'.
- Online lessons are recorded and available for your reference on the next working day.
- Access your Zoom Guide here.
Success Coach Support
- If you are a part-time School of Business (SBIZ) student who is new to online 'V' course(s) this semester, or would like help in areas such as Curriculum Planning, Goal Setting and Time Management, Learning Services offers personalised support via confidential 1-on-1 sessions with our Student Success Coach.
- Learn more at https://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/successcoach.html or email StudentSUSScess@suss.edu.sg for an appointment.
To learn more about these essential resources for your SUSS journey, go to http://learningservices.suss.edu.sg/ or visit our learning Services booth in the Atrium
on Orientation Day
Make SUSS Library your first stop for academic resources and research help.
Get started with SUSS Library
Search our collection, or directly look up resources:
If you don't know where to start, fret not! We have created a guide to using the library.
SUSS Library Login
Sign in to your account to authenticate your access to licensed resources and to save your searches:
Username: SUSS username (e.g. johntan001)
Password: SUSS password
Borrowing SUSS Physical Library Materials
You can reserve SUSS physical materials via the Library's website and pickup your requested books 24/7 from our Smart Locker at Block C, Level 2 (C2.02)
Document Delivery Service
If you are unable to locate journal articles or book chapters in SUSS Library, you can request them via our Document Delivery Service. You may request for:
- 10% or less of the total number of pages of a book; or
- one chapter of a book; or
- an article from an issue of a journal
Link up to SUSS Resources
Looking for resources on the Internet? Get quick links to SUSS Library's resources using these nifty tools:
SUSS It Out!
Subscribe to SUSS It Out! and stay updated on library news.
We're here to help
Ask the Library if you require help with research or accessing resources:
The Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) seeks to empower your academic journey at SUSS with our array of academic support resources. Our resources include workshops (online, face-to-face, or hybrid), self-help guides/e-Resources, and personalised coaching services to enhance your learning competencies for academic success.
Full details on the available academic support resources by TLC can be found in the Student Catalogue.
Workshops for New Students
Must-have Skills for Your Academic Journey
Orientate yourself to the unique SUSS academic landscape and gain awareness of the academic support resources available for your academic journey through the following workshops.
- SDW111: Take Off: Practical Tips for Learning
- SDW171: Using Library Resources in Your Written Assignments
Build foundational and essential study skills and learning competencies for academic success through the following workshops.
- SDW113: Visual Mapping for Effective Learning
- SDW119: Critical Reading
- SDW173: Strategic Revision Using Learning Outcome
Click on the images to access the respective resources.
For tips and techniques on effective note taking
To find out more about the various citation styles such as APA, MLA, Chicago Manual/Turabian, what constitutes plagiarism and collusion, and how to avoid committing them
For TLC developed e-resources such as learning log and planner templates, online learning infographics, and citation guide video (APA style)
English Language Support
Writing Right Series
The Writing Right series are self-help guides which provides an introduction to English academic writing. These resources include purposeful strategies with accompanying examples for better understanding and application of writing
strategies to enhance academic writing.
For more workshops and e-resources, please refer to our Student Catalogue.
We are here for you,
In your learning journey, & life transitions,
In your search for who you are, & who you can become.
Speak to our professional Counsellors, Psychologists, and Life Coaches, free of charge.
Be supported in a safe environment, and with privacy.
[ C-three webpage ]
Here at SUSS, we strive to promote an inclusive and accessible learning environment for all students. We understand that students with special needs require additional support in their learning journey. The following accessible learning support are available:
- Academic Assistance/Accommodation
- Inclusive Campus Facilities
- SEN Support Fund