The Student Support Department (SS) acts as the first point of contact for SUSS students: managing the SS hotline, counter and written correspondences; fostering bonding and relations with students through events such as orientation activities for new students; organising seminars, workshops, convocation/graduation ceremonies and other student-related activities.
We offer innovative tools and resources to provide you with an
exceptional digital learning experience at SUSS. Our suite of services
Canvas Learning Management System
- This is the learning management system (LMS) which you will use throughout your learning journey with us.
- Log in to access all your course-related materials (e.g. StudyGuide, eTextbook, your lecturer's powerpoint slides etc) and announcements, participate in online discussions and quizzes, submit written assignments, download marked assignments and retrieve your assessments scores.
- You can also attend live virtual classes and replay your lecture recordings on the LMS.
- Learn more at
- This is your personal bookstore, which you access via Canvas, to view and download the digital resources such as eTextbooks and StudyGuides associated with the courses you are enrolled in each semester.
eTextbook is the electronic version of a physical textbook,
which can be downloaded and accessed offline from different
devices and across various operating systems.
Please note that if an eTextbook has been issued for the course, no additional physical textbook will be issued.
StudyGuide (iSG) is an e-book, written by the Faculty and
Associate Faculty, for courses in SUSS. The StudyGuide is designed
to encourage students to interact with the subject through quizzes,
activities, self-reflection and self-assessment.
- This mobile app offers essential learning services at your fingertips, including quick access to your class timetable, StudyGuides, eTextbook, recorded lectures, narrated presentation materials and past year exam papers.
- Integrated with the Canvas LMS, you can also check for course announcements and assignment due dates.
- Use this app to track your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) scores, record your in-class attendance, contact support staff for technical enquiries, receive important notifications from SUSS instantaneously on your mobile and much more.
- Communicate with your classmates using the Chat function, a messaging service similar to WhatsApp/Line.
- Learn more at
- This is an e-Reader app developed for SUSS students to read StudyGuides (iSGs) and other ePub books with convenience and ease.
- Gain access to all iSG content on-the-go, including bite-sized study units, videos, chunked lesson recordings, audio clips and formative assessments.
- Download the SUSS Reader from the Apple App Store and Google
Play or visit
Panopto Video Learning Portal
- This is a video hosting platform where you can find a consolidation of self-learning videos related to your courses (classroom recordings) as well as workshops conducted at SUSS.
- On the platform you can bookmark and take notes that tags to specific time segments within the video.
- Login to
https://videolearning.suss.edu.sg with your SUSS account
to discover the variety of content available and watch videos
that are not publicly available.
- This is the video-conferencing platform for all your online classes at SUSS.
- Engage with your instructor and experience interactive lessons through screen sharing, break-out rooms, polls and chats.
- You can locate this tool at the left menu of your Canvas course, under the tab 'Virtual Class/Online Seminar'.
- Online lessons are recorded and available for your reference on the next working day.
- Access your Zoom Guide
Success Coach Support
- If you are new to online learning and have enrolled in a ‘V’ online course this semester, or would like help in areas such as Curriculum Planning, Academic Goal Setting, CGPA Monitoring and Time Management, Learning Services offers personalised support via confidential 1-on-1 sessions with our Student Success Coaches.
- Learn more at
email the Student Success Coach team at
for an appointment.
To learn more about our full suite of services, visit
Library your first stop for academic resources and research
Get started with SUSS Library
Search our collection, or directly look up resources:
If you don't know where to start, don't worry! We have created
guide to using the library.
SUSS Library Login
Sign in to your account to authenticate your access to licensed resources and to save your searches:
Username: SUSS username (e.g. johntan001)
Password: SUSS password
SIM Library Student Membership
*In light of the COVID-19 situation, please refer to this blog post for updates.
SUSS Library contracts SIM (Tay Eng Soon) Library, located at
Block A, Level 2, to provide our full-time and part-time degree
or diploma programme students with access to physical library materials,
and other on-site services and facilities. For more information
about the resources and services available through SIM Library,
Link up to SUSS Resources
Looking for resources on the Internet? Get quick links to SUSS Library's resources using these nifty tools:
SUSS It Out!
It Out! and stay updated on library news.
We're here to help
Ask the Library if you require help with research or accessing resources:
The Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) seeks to empower your academic journey at SUSS with our array of academic support resources. Our resources include workshops (online, face-to-face, or hybrid), self-help guides/e-Resources, and personalised coaching services to enhance your learning competencies for academic success.
Full details on the available academic support resources by TLC can be found on the Programme Guide.
here to view the steps on how to login to Panopto to
view the above video.
Workshops for New Students
Must-have Skills for Your Academic Journey
Orientate yourself to the unique SUSS academic landscape and gain awareness of the academic support resources available for your academic journey through the following workshops.
- SDW111: Take Off: Practical Tips for Learning
- SDW171: Using Library Resources in Your Written Assignments
Build foundational and essential study skills and learning competencies for academic success through the following workshops.
- SDW113: Visual Mapping for Effective Learning
- SDW119: Critical Reading
- SDW131: Practically Speaking
- SDW173: Strategic Revision Using Learning Outcome
Click on the images to access the respective resources.
For effective note taking techniques
For learning about plagiarism and collusion, and various
citation styles such as APA, MLA, Chicago Manual/Turabian,
For TLC developed e-resources such as learning log and
planner templates, online learning infographics and citation
For curated reviews and insights on learning tips and
Personalised Coaching Service
This English writing support service allows SUSS students to receive personalised feedback on academic writing through one-to-one coaching sessions (at no cost).
Oral Communication Coaching
This Oral Communication Coaching service allows SUSS students to receive personalised feedback on speaking and presentation skills through one-to-one coaching sessions (at no cost).
English Language Support
Academic Writing workshops
- SDW151: Introduction to Academic Writing
- SDW251: Academic Writing at Intermediate Level
- SDW351: Research Writing I: Proposal & Literature Review
- SDW353: Research Writing II: Methods & Findings
Writing Right Series
The Writing Right series are self-help guides which provides an introduction to English academic writing. These resources include purposeful strategies with accompanying examples for better understanding and application of writing strategies to enhance academic writing.
For more workshops and e-resources, please refer to our Programme Guide.
We are here for you,
In your learning journey, & life transitions,
In your search for who you are, & who you can become.
Speak to our professional Counsellors, Psychologists, and Life Coaches, free of charge.
Be supported in a safe environment, and with privacy.